Thursday, July 16, 2009

Best Futures Game Coverage on the Net!

I guarantee you will not find better scouting reports for ALL the players who played in the Futures Game this past All-Star Break then what you are about to read, if you so choose.

I watched the Futures Game on tape and have put my reports for every prospect (our recording stopped prior to the bottom of the 7th and have been unable to find another version to watch the end, so no Juan Carlos Sulbaran or any of the batters he faced).

To get these scouting reports exact, I watched each half inning twice. The 1st time, I focused on the pitcher, his mechanics, his arm action and his pitches. The 2nd time, I focused on the hitters, carefully studying their swing mechanics, setups, bat speed and the type of pitches they were putting in play and how well.

You will also notice as you scroll down (read below for each individual player) that I didn't give a final grade for any of the players. What I have done is tried to provide you with all the information about the player and will leave it to you to make a decision on a player. I feel a scouts job isn't to be able to expertly dissect talent, but rather write reports that provides your boss with enough information to make an informed decision come draft time, trade time or free agent time.

If you enjoy this, please let me know, as this took forever and would like to know it wasn't done just for my benefit.

Oh, and for anyone looking for the gameday of the Futures Game, here is it:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2009_07_12_wftmin_uftmin_1

No comments:

Post a Comment