Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dry Blog

As you can tell, with frames being continually entered (and me only doing it the first time I see someone) the reports are beginning to look a little dry.

If you haven't figured out the blog, I tag both the teams and all the players (that it lets me) and you can click that tag and it will bring up all the ones with the same tag (click a player that had no frame for that day and it will take you to all the reports about him and you can get info on his frame).

Obviously, this blog will need something new, as I will only be seeing more and more pitchers for multiple times and I am still wondering what I would add. Have thought about times to 1st on grounders, as well as pop times.

Is there something along the lines of scouting that you would like to see this blog add? Feel free to post a comment, as no one reads this anyways so it is pretty much anonymous.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to see each pitchers 40 time. As well as how many hotdogs you think he could eat in a 15 minute span. I know it would be difficult, but next time you watch a Verlander start could you look at the percentage of fastball strikes that were put in play. As well as his curve and change. I know teams have been jumping at his fastball, so it would even be interesting to me to see the percentage of swings on fastballs compared to his other pitches. If you can't handle that then that's ok, just throwing it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would just be interesting to see how the starting pitcher was attacked from a major league hitters perspective or from a team by team perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I can probably handle that for most of the pitchers. See the # of times someone swung and miss, fouled off a pitch and what they put in play. We will give it a shot and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try and do the # of swings and misses on a pitch to start tonight with the Jamie Moyer vs. David Price matchup I have. % of anything will be tough as I don't keep track of the # of pitches a pitcher throws of each type, though that information is accesible to me.

    ReplyDelete